Monday, July 29, 2013

Easiest Guacamole EVER

I admit it, I am a snacker. I love to snack....all day. Unfortunately when I succumb to the snacking bug, I don't exactly make the healthiest food choices as well as I have a tenancy to over eat. Now, don't get me wrong, snacking isn't necessarily a bad habit. From what I understand, eating several small meals (aka snacks) per day not only helps maintain blood sugar levels but it also speeds up your metabolism. The key is, this only works as long as you're making healthier choices and keeping quantities small.

With that in mind I've started to make some healthier choices when it comes my snacking, but I've noticed sometimes it takes longer to prepare a healthier snack that it actually takes to eat it. That doesn't work for my busy schedule. This guacamole recipe (if you could call it a recipe, it's more of a "how to") is perfect if you're looking for something quick, tasty, and filling. 

INGREDIENTS:

1 med ripe avocado
2 T of your favorite salsa (I like the Southwest Salsa because it has corn & black beans.)
Tortilla Chips


Peel and pit avocado, cutting into cubes. Mash avocado with a fork in a bowl until creamy. (See photo below.)


Mix in your favorite salsa until well blended.


Serve with tortilla chips of your choice and enjoy!


HEALTHY TIP: I've started reading labels so I know exactly how many chips make a serving. This helps me keep my quantities in perspective so I don't over do it. (Which is easy when there are chips involved.) I also make sure to buy the smaller avocado if I'm the only one eating. The large ones are way too big for a single serving, but are great if sharing.



No comments:

Post a Comment